The Information Services Division (ISD) of UKZN libraries strive to provide a proactive information and research support service to all Students, Staff and members of the broader University community. Our service is guided by the diverse needs of each user and which ascribes to the mission and vision statements of the institution.
Subject and Principal Librarians endeavour to offer support to all students and Academic Staff in lieu of their learning and teaching requirements respectively. The staff of the ISD unit further serve to support all Academics in their teaching needs
- Research Assistance
Subject Librarians offer specialised research support to users from respective disciplines, thereby offering a personalised service guiding users on the suitability of the most appropriate resources for each user’s needs
- Guidance and Training offered with:
- Effective Literature searching using both print and electronic resources
- Electronic referencing (e.g.: EndNote)
- Library Orientation to new Undergraduate and Postgraduate students and new staff.
- User Education sessions are conducted to equip and develop all users with the necessary information skills required to navigate all library spaces and resources.